A dolly for Elyssa
After finding this tutorial I decided to make a baby doll for Elyssa. I still need to give the doll a permanent face, but other then that I am happy with how easily it went together. It fits premie sized clothes which is convienient. I stuffed it with left over pieces of quilt batting! A great way to use up the scraps. The pattern calls for craft velour for the body, but I wasn't sure what that was so I just went to walmart and found this material in the bargain bin and decided it looked like it would work! I can't decide if I should just draw on her face with permanant marker or try to use up some scraps of felt to make the eyes like in the tutorial.

3 Comments:
That is cute Karin...and it looks like Elyssa loves it. I still have a doll that my mom made me when I was little...memories! For some reason homemade things create great memories!
I have a little blog going too -- if you are interested let me know or ask Irene. I just don't want to post the link on here.
Lois
By
Anonymous, At
September 29, 2008 8:50 PM
Hi Lois,
I'd love to follow along with your blog. I'll ask Irene for the link.
Thanks for all your compliments on my sewing projects.
take care,
Karin.
By
Karin, At
September 29, 2008 9:12 PM
Totally adorable!! Love it!! I love your creativity, too!
laura
By
Anonymous, At
March 16, 2009 4:12 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home