Things I've made Elyssa
Kimono (http://www.marthastewart.com/article/baby-kimonos) - my first attempt at sewing baby clothes.
Car Seat Blanket - I made this from two leftover pieces of flannel from Hadassah's quilt with a layer of cotton quilt batting in between. I used the buttonhole stitch on my machine to make the openings for the buckles. Very easy. After using it a few times I figured out where to put the velcro so that it keeps her hands in & warm.
Receiving Blankets - she spits up soo much I was constantly running out of clean blankets, so I bought some flannel and made up 12. I used the rolled hem foot on my machine and a zigzig stitch.
Car Seat Blanket - I made this from two leftover pieces of flannel from Hadassah's quilt with a layer of cotton quilt batting in between. I used the buttonhole stitch on my machine to make the openings for the buckles. Very easy. After using it a few times I figured out where to put the velcro so that it keeps her hands in & warm.
Receiving Blankets - she spits up soo much I was constantly running out of clean blankets, so I bought some flannel and made up 12. I used the rolled hem foot on my machine and a zigzig stitch.





1 Comments:
Karin - she is so adorable and clearly you're very talented!! I so appreciate all your help as I being my own sewing adventures!
Love,
Vanessa
By
Vanessa, At
February 01, 2008 12:09 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home